updates
FEBRUARY

Check out our newest additions ::

No one yet...

What's changed this month ::

Since they haven't been viewed in a while, and we changed the formatting a while back too, we have cleared out the Wanted & Adoptable board. We would like to invite everyone to post new adverts, providing as much information as possible, with an aim to get these posted on Tumblr with our usual content when that all starts up again.

With this, we have updated the character masterlist to match the theme of the other important threads around site.

Add Reply
New Poll

»  `` hitting the road ;;, tag alexander dunn
Maxine Burkhardt
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 22:45

Human

NPC

70 posts

Today was the day! Max was finally getting her baby back. Although, she wasn't sure if she was more excited because of that fact or that she would be spending a considerable amount of time with Alex. She had a feeling one thing outweighed the other at this point, but only her subconscious would admit to that as she now stood in the middle of her cosy apartment, working down the mental list she had of the things she needed to do.

1) She was dressed and ready in an appropriate fashion that if everything went completely wrong, she wouldn't be hard done to if she had to walk somewhere. Although, things seemed to be on her side lately, so this was just her being overly prepared. 2) She had packed lunch for the pair of them, and the cooler was settled on the side table right next to the door for her to pick up as she passed. There was stuff to snack on during the trip if they needed it, as well as plenty to drink. 3) She'd printed off all the confirmation information and found her spare set of keys, Vince having been the last one to have the originals, which were now with the car. These were tucked away in her handbag with her phone and purse already, sitting on top of the cooler by the door.

She nervously checked her watch, just as she heard a car pull up outside. That must be Alex. She nodded to herself, letting out a sigh of relief. Exactly when he said he'd be here. Alex was definitely Mr. Reliable, something she very much wasn't used to when it came to any male, apart from say her brother and their father when he had been alive. She pulled on her jacket, pulling her braid out from where it had got tucked in as she moved to the door. Picking up her keys, handbag and the cooler, she let herself out, almost skipping down the stairs, bringing herself to a stop, composing herself. She then proceeded to opened the door and let herself out, smiling brightly and waving at Alex before turning to lock the door behind her and drop her keys into her handbag.

She moved around the car, opening the door and settling into the passenger seat. "Hey! How are you? I brought lunch, as promised," she greeted, leaning around the back of Alex's seat to settle the little cooler in the footwell behind, resisting the urge to lean over and kiss Alex's cheek. Where did that urge even come from? She just about recovered her smile as she sat straight in her own seat again. "Thanks for doing this by the way, I owe you," she said, dropping her handbag onto the floor between her feet and pulling on her seatbelt.

"Rob was still okay with this, right? You guys aren't too busy?" she asked, still concerned that he was taking time out of work to do this, regardless of her own somewhat selfish motivation of spending time with Alex without it getting... Weird or anything, and getting her car back, of course.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Alexander Dunn
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 03:15

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

Human

60 posts

Although Alex found piece with working at the garage a long time ago, he didn’t mind the time away from his normal work environment for something new. He didn’t feel like helping Max pick up her car was a job duty, instead it felt more like a friend helping out in a time of need. Nora had been dropped off at day care early and he filled out a late slip in case the trip took longer than expected before he left for the day. His recent conversations with Max at the Café and other places had started as mere conversation, but the more he ran into her in the city he found himself excited with the prospect of seeing her again. He wasn’t sure what he was feeling, but it had been awhile since he felt excited to see someone as much as he did now.

He had cleaned his car extra carefully the night before when he made the plans to pick her up and start the road trip, and he was thankful he managed to overlook the busyness of his day to make sure one crucial item that would be housing the two of them for a few hours at least looked presentable. He managed his time surprisingly well enough that he arrived to pick up Max at the precise time they had set up before, and he grinned enthusiastically in response to the cooler in her hand.

He felt the heat instantly swell in his cheeks the moment Max reached behind his chair to set down the cooler behind him, but the man tried to push the thought of her being in such close proximity to him with a clear of his throat before he spoke, “Rob was more than okay with this, if he isn’t then tough luck for him. The café will be alright for a day?” Alex was glad the garage had a slow day and Rob was enough of a family guy to know the importance of helping people out that lived in the same city that he was positive he was fine with what he was doing.

Alex checked his side mirror while Max settled into the car and locked the doors before proceeding to move the car back in the line of traffic with a swift hit to the blinker on his wheel. “It’s been awhile since I’ve went on a little trip like this, if I say back in the day I used to do this with some of my buddies does that make me sound old?” Alex chuckled before moving to turn the volume down on the radio after the realization that it might make a nervous conversation even more harder. His usual comfortable position with his arm resting against the back of the passenger seat no longer felt comfortable, and instead Alex found himself praying that he didn't look like a fool.
PM
^
Maxine Burkhardt
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 00:00

Human

NPC

70 posts

Max chuckled softly to herself when Alex attempted to act the tough guy in regards to whether his boss was okay with his little excursion. She was relatively sure he would be because Rob seemed like a reasonable sort of guy, and she must have some serious kind of damsel in distress vibe or something, but it didn't stop her wondering about it. She nodded proudly at the question regarding the café. "These guys have been doing this since before I got here; I'm pretty sure they'll survive without me," she replied with a wide grin. The staff that still worked at the café had been there since her father was the owner. Sure, some people had moved on and a few faces had joined, but she had tried to keep things as they were, changing things little by little for the benefit of the business. Those that worked there had taken the challenge of the handover in their strides, and they were a credit to the ideals her father had wanted to develop. Because of their hard work, there hadn't been much of a break between her father's last shift as owner and her first shift. She wasn't sure where things would stand without them. That, and the arrival of her brother helping her with the office had helped massively.

She laughed again, slouching a little in her seat as she got more and more comfortable. "Oh, absolutely - horrifically old," she teased, rolling her eyes dramatically as she continued to laugh. If Alex was old, so was her brother, and she was relatively sure he wouldn't appreciate that, joke or not - he already felt old being that he was married and had a four year old son. She let out a sigh as she composed herself, shaking her head for a moment. "Dad always said you're only as old as you feel," she mused in a sing-song voice, another smile creeping across her lips. Her dad has always had little gems, little things that didn't quite make sense to her growing up, but that she had come to appreciate as she got old. Man, did she miss him...

"Do you actually know where we're headed?" she asked suddenly, drawing herself back out of her head and turning to Alex curiously. She had every faith in his sense of direction, it was more because she didn't one hundred percent remember the way herself.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Alexander Dunn
 Posted: Aug 14 2016, 01:34

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

Human

60 posts

Alex definitely considered himself to be more adventurous when he was younger specifically in high school and the years that came after it, but he wasn’t sure if he should be embarrassed with the excitement he had over their little trip all week. Although he could tell that Nora was a bit upset with not being able to come along on the trip, he had a feeling there could be other instances where an opportunity to come up in the future. Even though the main goal was to pick up Max’s car and get it back to town in one piece, he saw the journey as more of two friends travelling together instead of a mechanic helping out someone in town.

He smiled at the girl’s mention of age before dramatically stretching out his neck as he listened to her. “Your Dad was absolutely right. If you start getting aches and pains at this age, it only goes downhill from there,” he chuckled as he drummed his fingers on the top of the steering wheel as he drove. He didn’t consider thirty-three years old the oldest person around, but the minute he had a daughter who turned two he felt like things in life were moving too fast these days. There were some events that didn’t move fast enough in his life, but he could only do so much with those things.

Alex did his best to look up some directions as a refresher before the journey began, but he had brought some precautions just in case. “To be honest, I kind of know where we’re going. I may need a passenger navigator down the road though,” he teased gesturing toward the stack of maps where the paper was yellowing with age behind his seat. The idea of being lost somewhere with Max wasn’t an ideal situation, but he wasn’t disappointed in the idea either due to the fact that they’d be able to spend more time together. “I’m glad you let me take you out her to get your car, it’s nice to hang out instead of me looking like I’m obsessed with sweets when I stop into the café,” he smiled and briefly patted her shoulder, “I’m sure you’re looking forward to having your own set of wheels again.”
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine
Affiliates, Directories and Top Sites
  RPG-D      Shadowplay  RPGfix     
  OOTA  The Hobbit Roleplay    Live and Let Die    fugue state  So Devoid of Color 

OHaV  UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED  War Is Brewing   
  RP Lovers        Top RP Sites Top RP Sites    
Top RPG Sites      Forum Roleplay        RSD Top Sites