Below the cut is the doHTML code for our application form. To check out what it should look like when you've finished, check out my Damon Salvatore application
All you have to do is copy the code, fill out all the sections and post it as a new thread in the Works in Progress
board using your character's first name, middle initial (if they have one) and last name as the title; characters that are using a vessel should use the singular name for their being (read on for how to write your name in the application itself).
When your application has been provisionally accepted by a moderator, it will be moved to this board (Pending Characters
) to be finalised by an administrator. If a moderator has accepted your application, you are free to start your RP journey here at RSD, an administrator will simply need to change your group and title.
If the application you post in the Works in Progress
board is actually complete, please reply immediately to your application advising that it is complete and ready for review.
Here's a few quick notes about the application:
- Be sure to read through everything and familiarise yourself with a layout - it may look a little complicated at first, but it does look very nice when you've finished.
- All images within the application will be automatically scaled down if they are bigger than the allocated space, so you don't have to make sure they're exactly the right size. You need to copy the link for your main avatar in the application into the other spaces as well.
- For the sake of keeping things tidy, the personality and history sections and sample RP have been set so that they should automatically add a scroll bar - with the amount people will be writing, it may stretch the post longer than it should.
- Demons, Angels and other characters that may simply be using a vessel, you can feel free to write the vessel name at the top, with the singular given name as the 'nickname' in brackets. For the other posts on the right hand side, you can just write the characters singular name (e.g. Castiel would put 'Jimmy Novak (Castiel)' at the top and just 'Castiel' in the instances of First Last in the rest of the application. If your character doesn't have a vessel name, feel free to simply put the singular name as the name at the top and throughout the application.
- On the subject of names/nicknames, if they have no nicknames and/or no variations of name other than their given first name, you don't need to keep the (Nickname) part at the top of the application. Just write out their given name and continue with the rest of the application.
- In terms of ages for canons characters, please use those listed on the canon list. If not presently listed or they're not listed as an age that's to your liking, please send me a PM and we can discuss this.
- With the 'Photos' and 'Friends' numbers, we would like you to make those numbers up yourselves based on how many photos and friends you think you character would have if this was really their actual Facebook profile. With the number beside the birth date information, the spaces are for physical age and actual age - this is for the sake of those that are far older than they are (e.g. vampires, demons, etc.).
- With the 'Top Friends' section, this may be difficult for original characters, however you can either put in three characters they may already have connections with, whether they are already on the site (be sure to check with the player before adding them) or someone you would like to see on the site for your character.
- With 'Found us through', you simply have to give the name of the forum where you saw the advert, the member that linked you to the site - whatever brought you to the site, write it there. For example, if Lori, who is a current member of the site, gives you the link or suggests us, you simply write "Lori, an RSD member" or something to that effect.
- Just to clarify, every element of the application form has to be completed. Even if you have to pick random faces for the "top friends" or give your character a random nickname. You will be asked to finish your application in its entirety if any sections are missed. Do not remove sections of the application.
- Do not use GIFs for the pictures. The applications are complex enough without increasing loading time with GIFs.
- You can go back and edit your application at any time after you have been accepted to update the history, add to your list of other characters or to edit any other little details.
The staff team will aim to give you feedback within 24-48 hours of your post going up, whether it's finished or still a work in progress, and similarly when it's been edited. Applications that have not been touched for 2 weeks or more will be archived - feel free to PM a member of staff to have your application moved back if this is the case and you wish to continue working on it.
If you have any questions regarding the application, please don't hesitate to send me a PM