updates
FEBRUARY

Check out our newest additions ::

No one yet...

What's changed this month ::

Since they haven't been viewed in a while, and we changed the formatting a while back too, we have cleared out the Wanted & Adoptable board. We would like to invite everyone to post new adverts, providing as much information as possible, with an aim to get these posted on Tumblr with our usual content when that all starts up again.

With this, we have updated the character masterlist to match the theme of the other important threads around site.

Add Reply
New Poll

»  `` going off the grid ;;, tag open
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Jul 29 2015, 22:37

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

So, it had come to this - Chuck was going camping. Sure, he wasn't going that far out of town, and he'd made doubly sure it wasn't a full moon because you could never be too careful in a place like this, but he had never thought it would come to this. He wasn't an outdoors kind of person. He was an indoors, lots of liquor, lots of warmth kind of person. Although, he couldn't deny that Edlund's logic had been sound when he suggested that maybe Chuck just needed to get out of his own head for a while, get a little old school with what he was trying to achieve. Sure, neither Carver nor Edlund understood that it was a little more complicated than that, that the Supernatural series was literally a gift from above, but that was beside the point. He had honestly been rather eager to get away from the hustle and bustle of the town for the weekend at the very least. Sure, it wasn't a very big or very busy town, but with summer being upon them, all the students were home for a long time and it was kind of starting to ruin his calm a little bit.

Determined to spend the entire weekend off the grid, as it were, he'd already shut off his phone, tucking it away in the deepest recesses of his backpack with the intent of using it only in an emergency. He had told the necessary people that he would be incomunicado for the next few days - his dads, his publicists, who in turn told the publishers... Who seemed oddly impressed that Chuck was taking a little more ownership of the situation. Granted, this was all well over an hour ago as he had spent the time since trying to find a nice quiet place. He had considered going closer to the falls, however, it seemed to be pretty popular with the students with the vast amounts of free time they suddenly had. He only just managed to find a space he was happy with as the sun started to set and the temperature of the air around him started to rapidly drop. The tent was easy enough once he got started, but the impending night time would make much of anything else difficult.

He just about managed to get a little fire pit set up, just enough for one person, just the one person who's chair was soon sat beside it. He pulled the emergency lamp from his bag for good measure, setting it beside the chair before heading inside his tent for a moment. He unravelled the sleeping mat, then the sleeping bag, before setting another emergency lamp beside that. Neither lamp was turned on at this point as it was light enough with the little fire he managed to get going, they were just in case it went out or he decided to go for a walk later on or something. He was just pulling out his notebook and a couple of pens when something crashed louder behind him than him simply dropping his bag back down.

What the hell was that!?

Okay, so, admittedly, he was feeling a little jumpy and couldn't help getting a little startled by every snap of a twig or rustle of leaves coming from the creeping darkness that surrounded his little camp. It had been a while since Chuck had been camping. Hell, he was still a kid the last time he went properly camping and it was one of the many times Edlund had tried to keep him out of trouble at home. He shook his head before turning around and heading out to his seat by the fire. The noise was probably nothing... Probably. He didn't want to try and pack all of this up now and head back to his apartment. Maybe he wouldn't stay the whole weekend, but he was sure was hell going to spend tonight out here and get something done!
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: Aug 25 2015, 23:18

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

Human

83 posts

She wasn’t sure what made her mind to decide to go exploring for an afternoon, but Sara found herself furiously googling tips beforehand on the perfect areas to hike around Mystic Falls. Rather than stay in town for the day, the brunette found a desire deep down to try another new activity on her list of possibly future hobbies. Other than her sneakers for work, Sara had brought along a worn pair of tennis shoes when she moved into town that she figured would help her complete somewhat of an easy hike before she ventured into heightened intensities. Although she had begun to be comfortable with the happenings of Mystic Falls, going out in the wilderness would prove to be an experience in itself. Instead of thinking about the various newspaper clippings over the years she came across in the library, she decided that just getting the courage to do something was the best way to move forward.

It wasn’t until she was actually outside and on her way that Sara began to remember how much she hated camping. The bug spray she brought along to occasionally spray her skin only seemed to attack the mosquitos even more, and she found herself cautiously gripping onto the largest stick she could find every time she heard a snap of a twig or voices off in the distance. She had come out of the adventure almost untouched until she tripped over a large pile of brush, scraping her knee in the process. Through the many instances she contemplated turning back, Sara shook her head and proceeded forward with hope that she’d be able to keep the slowly diminish courage long enough to tell the other nurses back at work that she spent her day off at least trying to get in shape.

The hike for the most part was quiet and serene once she managed to get herself more comfortable with the environment around her, but her mind was still going over scenarios of campers who ran into an obviously dangerous groups of animals more than often. If walking through the various woods and makeshift trails was bad enough, Sara couldn’t imagine willingly pitching a tent that could easily be dismantled by a strong storm. Nothing could save you from an animal or two looking for dinner.

Sara came across a large gap between the ground she was currently standing on and which direction she was planning to go next, which only resulted in her trying to drag a large log a safe distance in order to make sure she got across properly. From the volume of her work, she was almost positive she was waking up every person or animal roaming around the woods a that time and silently hoped nothing would come out of it. The smell of campfire was intensifying as Sara managed to shimmy her way across the log to the either side before she called out in apology, “Sorry! I was just… I couldn’t get by there.” Frowning at the cut on her knee, Sara proceeded to walk forward in hope that she’d be finding the road soon even if no one replied.
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Sep 14 2015, 11:45

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

Chuck continued to stand still, trying to listen out for anything else, for some sign of, well... Anything at this point. He still didn't know if the noise was just caused by an animal or by another person, and then he didn't know if they were friendly or sinister. His head lowered as he strained to listen, a scowl forming across his brow. A low whisper of sorts started to ring in his ears, a sound long forgotten, but too low to make out actual words. Maybe it was just his somewhat hopeful, yet tired and worried mind hearing things that weren't there, morphing the sound of the wind into a sound he had been hoping to hear for a very long time now. His eyes fell closed as he inhaled and opened again as he slowly exhaled.

Then he jumped at the sound of the voice.

Hespun quickly of his heel and reluctantly ducked out of the opening to his tent, still scowling as he looked around into the darkness. He squinted as he tried to pick out the source of the voice, eyes readjusting to the light. He blinked a few times as his eyes finally fell on the form of a person, who didn't seem all too sinister, despite the shadows being cast upon her. "Are you alright?" he queried into the darkness, as he edged further out, heading towards the other person's form. He reluctantly held out a hand to help guide her the rest of the way to the fire and get her sat down. "You're... You're bleeding..." he observed, almost certain she was already aware of this fact, but it didn't make him feel any less uneasy.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: Sep 22 2015, 04:00

Human

83 posts

Sara hadn’t expected to be out as late as she was, for the most part she planned a day of hiking only to return back to the apartment to make dinner. Amid her hike she ran into areas where she just found it ideal to ponder about current contemplations of her life, and as usual the time got the best of her. The voice seemed friendly, someone she shouldn’t be alarmed to run across his camp when the time was quickly escaping for the day. The brunette pressed her lips tightly together as she walked in fear of receiving some sort of subtle hint that it would have been better for her to run in the other direction.

The blood on her knee was manageable; the injury to her pride about needing help was another ordeal. She froze in place when she heard the footsteps of the man grow closer, but as soon as she could see the faint outline of his hand offering assistance to her, she blew out a nervous breath with a grateful smile on her face that was clearly hidden in the darkness. “I’m okay, I just.. lost track of the time and I didn’t realize it gets dark out here this soon,” Sara admitted with a frown as her eyes focused on the ground in front of her in order to make sure she didn’t scrape up her other knee.

The man stated the obvious about her scraped knee, but Sara found her hands quickly moving to her backpack as soon as she sat down near his fire where he had guided her to go, “I should have something, I’m sorry I bothered you this was rude of me. Are you out here by yourself? That could be dangerous with all the, stuff.. I mean the, attacks and all,” she rambled as she pulled out various supplies ranging from her used bottle of bug spray to a spare pair of walking shoes in order to find her bandages that she had brought along.
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Dec 19 2015, 21:48

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

Chuck gestured above them briefly when she mentioned losing track of time and not realising how dark it got. "I think it's the trees," he commented offhandly, looking up for a moment at the dence branches and foliage above their heads. "It probably doesn't seem like such a drastic change back in town – all that open space and all," he observed before dropping his gaze to the dark haired woman again, arms crossing over his chest anxiously as she sat down and started rummaging in her bag. "I think I have a first aid kit if you don't?" he offered, untucking one of his arms from his chest to gesture over his shoulder to the tent he'd set up where his bag was still lying abandoned.

"It's... Uh... Fine. Yeah, I am – guess it was pretty stupid of me, huh?" he responded, shrugging before pointing to the darkness in the direction from where she came. "Although... Aren't you alone?" he questioned, already having mentally noted that she was from the fact that she'd stumbled upon him and had been surprised to see someone in the woods. If she were with someone, she may be less shocked by it, surely? "I just can't... Think," he explained, sort of responding to her apology, and reasoning why he was out here, by himself, potentially leaving himself open to danger. "For a little town, it gets awful crowded around here," he mused in a low tone, pulling his arms tighter over his chest as a slight scowl took over his features.

"... Did you find anything?"
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: Feb 29 2016, 03:43

Human

83 posts

Sara was thankful that she stumbled upon the man and his camp because a walk back in the dark with a bleeding knee wasn’t something that sounded very appealing. As she dumped the various contents of her backpack onto the ground in front of her, she silently nodded at the man’s words noting the fact that she was alone herself. “Well yeah, I am.. I mean, I was because you’re here and I’m here and,” she snorted and shook her head before holding up the roll of bandages that had slipped to the bottom of her bag. She quickly began working at tearing open the packaging before she glanced back at him, “Do you always come camping when you’re feeling too crowded in town?”

Sara needed a hobby herself and she thought hiking might be a reasonable option, but the second she went out to actually execute her decision she found herself wanting to turn back to her apartment and find something to keep her busy there instead. She was almost positive that Rhys would have been much happier with that decision as well. “If I’m ruining you’re meditation, yoga or whatever it is you’re doing out here, I’ll just wrap this up and be on my way,” she offered in consolidation as she quickly began dabbing at the excess blood around the wound.

“You don’t happen to have an antiseptic wipe with you, I think I forgot some of those,” Sara added with a hint of embarrassment at the thought of a nurse admitting that she had forgotten one of her most crucial ingredients. She promised to leave quickly if he was disturbed by her abrupt visit, but she didn’t want to be walking on an injured leg that had a high percentage chance of becoming infected.
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 18:58

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

Chuck laughed nervously as she confirmed she was alone, emphasis on was because now she was standing around in the dark with him. "Well, sure, you're not alone now, but I'm not exactly good company," he responded with an offhanded shrug. He definitely wasn't a charismatic sort of person, and he didn't have the selling power as an individual... Hence he was still a bachelor and had a team of people that worked on his publicity as opposed to being more hands on about it himself. He was relatively sure if he took care of the latter side of things by himself, the books would have never taken off.

He cleared his throat, arms wrapped around himself when she asked if he always came out here. He didn't know this young woman before him, but he wasn't going to be making any friends by lying. He wasn't exactly a fantastic liar either. "If by always you mean to ask if it's my first time out here..." he responded, one hand lifting to scratch the back of his neck nervously. "Having some writer's block issues; pretty much just waiting on a miracle at this point," he went on to explain, laughing nervously again. Okay, so maybe that was a little too honest, but it wasn't as if Sara would understand the implied reference. "You're not disturbing anything... Seems this trip is turning out to be a bust, for the most part" he added with an encouraging smile. The only thing he'd really gained at this point was someone to talk to, which was calming his nerves somewhat.

"I, uh, yes... Hang on..." he mumbled, before disappearing into the tent, quickly digging into the depths of his bag for the small first aid kit he had brought with him. He emerged from the tent, blinking a few times as his eyes adjusting to the changes in light. "There's some in here," he explained in a soft tone, crouching beside her as he popped open the box and rummaged through it for a moment before handing over an antiseptic wipe. "How bad is it?" he queried cautiously.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: May 2 2016, 02:43

Human

83 posts

Sara was interested with the man's ultimate purpose for roaming outdoors in the first place, but she didn't expect to receive the notion that he was some kind of writing looking for inspiration. She always wished she was creative beyond the occasional sit down and try to do one of those adult coloring book things, but she always ended up more frustrated with choosing the right colors compared to anything else. "The trip was a bust for both of us, I suppose," Sara sighed as she worked at removing the packaging on the bandage in her hand that she always carried along in case something came up by surprise. A slight injury outdoors was probably a relevant case for that.

He moved back into the tent when she asked him for antiseptic and Sara grew slightly uneasy at the thought that she no longer could see his figure out in the darkness in front of her. Rhys was probably calling her phone a few times already and she would have to endure some kind of make shift lecture once she got home. It would be a given. He returned with a small box and Sara silently prayed he had something that would help. "Yes! Thank you, you're the best!" Sara exclaimed with a grin as she took the wipe and ripped the packaging open before cautiously taking small dabs at her knee.

"You'd think after I go to school to be a nurse this stuff wouldn't hurt as bad or something," she mumbled through clenched teeth as she worked at cleaning the cut as best as she could and she quickly pressed the bandage to her skin right after. Her main focus on tending to her wound was beyond her, and then Sara found herself interested with the man's intent to camp more than anything. "Am I allowed to ask what you're writing that you weren't getting inspiration for? Or, is it the case where you haven't started but wanted to start something?" - she found her question viable as she packed up her backpack once more, but she knew she couldn't be offended if he chose not to answer.
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: May 31 2016, 21:59

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

Chuck shrugged half-heartedly at the notion of the trip being a bust. Sure, it wasn't having the desired effect he had hoped it might have, but he had some company, and it made things seem less daunting. He had his blog to vent through sometimes, but that wasn't always the same as a live audience. He was so used to being by himself, talking away to himself, arguing with himself even, that he was surprised he could still be quiet in the presence of another human being. He went on to nod courteously as she thanked him for the antiseptic wipe. He would say he was far from best, so that was probably what was keeping him quiet at this point. The master of self-deprecation, he most certainly was. He winced slightly as he watched her cleaning herself up. Better her than him, he had a tendency to be a bit of a wimp with that sort of stuff.

"If logic were actually solid, I should be much better at talking to people," he joked with a nervous laugh before wincing again and hugging the little first aid kit against his chest defensively. Growing up, there always seemed to be two sort of solid personalities associated with authors - the strong, enigmatic, silent type and the over the top, rambunctious type. He had tried being both, but had neither the will nor the confidence to pull off either. He was the socially awkward, self-deprecating type.

His head tilted curiously as her attentions turned to the reason he was even out here int he first place, having kind of expected her to not be interested in the slightest. "No, no, I started the series... A while ago now," he began in response, scowling as he tried to recall just when the series started. It felt like forever ago now. "I write the Supernatural series; I'm Carver Edlund," he explained, before weighing his head from side to side nervously. "Well, no, I'm Chuck Shurley - I write, that series at least, as Carver Edlund, my pseudonym," he corrected, shrugging as his grip on the first aid kit in his arms tightened a little. "... You probably haven't heard of it," he added in a slightly dismissive fashion, having gotten so used to people not knowing what the Hell it was.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 00:14

Human

83 posts

Sara couldn’t really piece together if Chuck was nervous by their conversation, or if it was just something that happened that was completely out of the ordinary for him. It was common for Sara to come across people that she’d eventually find some kind of conversation to be had, and she saw a lot of similarities in herself as the man who set up camp in the woods. Although she wasn’t a writer herself, she wasn’t even sure if she had heard about the books he had written. She silently made a mental note to scope out some of his books the next time she was at the library.

“You write about the supernatural? Or, I guess is the question whether your work is fiction or non fiction the best thing to ask?” Sara asked with a raise of her eyebrow as she brushed her hands off. She didn’t want to sound like it wasn’t something she’d seen before, but he seemed interesting enough that his work had to be the same. “The rumors about this town in stories is what kind of brought me here in the first place, do you know what’s roaming around Mystic Falls? I’d love to
know!”
Sara said excitedly as she moved to stand up from the log she was standing on and shifted her backpack back onto her left arm. Sure, she knew her brother was a vampire and that wasn’t an ideal circumstance, but there had to more lurking that the girl didn’t know about either, right?

Almost immediately wanting to retract her statement, Sara flexed her knee up and down to check her bandages before letting out a sigh of contemplation. “Sorry, I just.. this town has some weird people. Not weird as in I don’t want to socialize with them, but weird as in I want to know the rest of their story,” she added with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. If anyone thought she was crazy, Chuck was probably the first one who would raise his hand now.
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Jun 26 2016, 10:04

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

Chuck nodded in a haphazard kind of fashion at her query. Technically, yes, he wrote about the supernatural, but Supernatural was his big series baby. "Yeah, I do, and the title is literally just Supernatural... For the most part; each book in the series has it's own subtitle," he began in response, almost trying to avoid directly answering the question. It was a nervous response, but at the same time, he couldn't admit that his books that were tucked away in the fiction section were actually non-fiction. "Like Supernatural: Route 666, Supernatural: Ghostfacers, Supernatural: Something Wicked... I guess think of it like most TV shows; y'know, how each episode has a name?" he continued to explain, the back of his mind telling him that he perhaps sounded a little condescending, which he absolutely didn't mean to be.

"I would say... Fiction, like action adventure kind of fiction," he said, finally answering her question now he had buffered it out with an explanation of sorts. "It's been running for some time, but it's not exactly a best seller right now, and it's on a break due to, well... Me," he went on, laughing nervously again. He knew the series had a reasonable fanbase, all things considered, so he couldn't really complain, not that he ever really did. It was the writer's block he frequently complained about.

He nodded eagerly when she mentioned that rumours that seemed to surround Mystic Falls. He couldn't deny that was what had brought him here, but he had thought it would trigger something in his head. As yet, nothing had even stirred. "I've certainly heard plenty of rumours; it's kinda what brought me here too," he replied, a white lie of sorts - he wasn't as fascinated with the idea that the rumours could be truth, he knew there were plenty of things out there that go bump in the night; he had already accepted that as fact. "No idea if it's true though, not many records to argue the point either way," he added, shrugging halfheartedly. He had looked into a few things, he had been genuinely curious, but there seemed to be a lot of the town's history that was either mysteriously missing or unaccessible, even to an author saying he was doing research.

Chuck laughed again as she observed that some people in town were weird, although, she said they weren't weird enough she didn't want to socialise with them. "Everyone's a little bit weird, and there's always more to every story," he observed with a wide smile. Now that was something he could categorically say was true. Even people that were close didn't always necessarily know everything about the other person. He didn't know anyone that knew everything about him. Sure, the Winchester boys had opened his eyes to the truth of what he was, what his stories were, but they didn't know everything.

"How's it feeling now?" he asked, gesturing towards her knee, the grip on the first aid kit shifting.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: Jun 30 2016, 02:16

Human

83 posts

Sara wasn’t sure what exactly she expected to hear about Chuck’s writing adventures, but the selfish part of her hoped he had shared to the world some kind of understanding about the supernatural creatures hidden within the world. Although he announced his work as fiction, Sara found herself intrigued with the topics despite the fact that they weren’t necessarily non-fiction. Keeping her mind focused on something that the man was obviously passionate about, she decided to leave the conversation about Rhys out of the equation. It wasn’t something that she spoke to her own brother about yet alone a stranger, but Chuck’s mention of his work gave her hope
“Well, I know what I’m going to go searching for at the library next time I’m there,” Sara responded with a grin as she rubbed her palm against the top of her knee with the bandage trying to ignore the slight sting that resulted from it. “Do tell me though. Are you one of those authors that are secretly so popular and there will be forty holds on your book at the library? I don’t know if I can wait that long,” Sara added with a grin as she tried to lighten the air. Chuck knew about the rumors of Mystic Falls himself, but she wondered how he hadn’t run into answers if he was doing something like camping alone.

Sara looked briefly down at her knee at the moment he asked about her small injury and the brunette merely shrugged her shoulders trying to push any admittance of pain away. “It’s almost good as new. I really appreciate you welcoming a stranger over here,” Sara responded before she glanced briefly in the direction of the sun. She had a small timeframe to get back home before Rhys started worrying and people began asking questions on where she had disappeared off to.

“So, Chuck are you just staying for the night or is this an all week occasion?” Sara asked with a hint of intrigue on her voice as she briefly looked about his campsite. She personally couldn’t see herself camping more than a day or two, but others were quite passionate about it.
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 23:19

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

"Well, if that's what you're into..." Chuck responded, laughing softly. He hadn't really expected the poor woman to go out of her way just to read his silly series. He shrugged, pulling a slight face at the idea of his books being on hold or something. "I really doubt it," he replied, laughing once again. He found it super hard to believe that his books would be on hold anywhere, let alone a small town library or somewhere like that. "Would be nice if that were true, a very high compliment, but I doubt it," he went on, shrugging for a moment. He would honestly be surprised if the local library held his series at all. "Pretty sure you can get digital copies relatively cheaply," he suggested, although, he realised that just made it sound like he wanted money or something. To be honest, it wouldn't hurt sales to get more in, but he wasn't all that pushy. He couldn't even tell her where she could get any copies for that matter. He left that up to his publishers. "But don't quote me on that," he quickly added with a sheepish smile.

He smiled over at her when she said her knee was alright, and that she'd appreciated the help of a stranger. "Oh, no problem; can't ignore a damsel in distress," he answered with another light chuckle. Wow, did that sound cheesy or what? Had those words really just left his mouth? He couldn't possibly know if she could fall under the descriptor of damsel, and she hadn't really been distress since she was very level headed about the injury from the get go.

He took a look at their surroundings at the question of if he was staying for the night or the week. "I honestly don't know..." He shrugged, returning his gaze to Sara. "I'll be surprised if I stay the night now to be honest," he admitted sheepishly. He really had come out here with good intentions, to try and get some work done, but it didn't seem like that would happen any time soon, and he couldn't imagine he'd get much sleep out here anyway. "I'm far too jumpy and out of my element for it to be a healthy decision to stay," he reasoned, weighing his head from side to side for a moment. "Although, I'm not sure I could find my own way back at this point..."
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 04:23

Human

83 posts

Sara was a bit surprised at Chuck’s reluctant tone about her venturing toward the idea of trying to read his series when she had some time to do so, but she wasn’t going to hang onto the debate and try to figure out why he seemed kind of weird about it. Sometimes people weren’t as confident as they should be about their success was something Sara wondered involved someone like him, but those thoughts were for another day. The brunette continued to work at brushing the dirt off her legs as she listened to him, quickly grinning about his joke about a damsel with a quick eye roll in response before she spoke again, “What ever would I have done without this nifty bandage? I don’t know if I could have survived.”

It seemed strange that Chuck wasn’t staying out in the woods like she thought he might have, but the least she would try to do was help him find his way back in the direction of town or wherever he was heading. “I can’t help you!” she replied enthusiastically at his mention about being unsure if he could find his way back out of the woods, “I mean, I’m hiked up here a few times I have a pretty good feel for the land, do you need help packing your things? I can help with that too,” Sara quickly stood up and shuffled the contents of the first aid kit before locking it closed.

Darkness wasn’t the ideal time to be roaming around, but if Chuck was spooked at the idea of staying out there, then she was certainly going to be so as well. “I hope you at least got some inspiration out here or something. Something that makes you feel like your writing is awesome!” Sara said with a grin before holding a thumbs up in his direction.
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 10:24

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

A wide smile spread across Chuck's mouth before he let out another laugh, Sara playing into his joke. At least she wasn't offended as some might have been. He had meant it in good fun after all. She seemed like a pretty lighthearted person, he would probably have been a little taken aback as she been offended by a harmless joke.

"Would you mind? I really should get more orientated around here, but I guess when it gets dark, it's kind of pointless," he responded at the offer of help back to town. At least one of the two of them might be able to find their way back at this point. "I got the packing up part, it's just a lot of clutter," he observed with a nervous laugh. Chuck had come out of here to escape his own mess, to clear his head, and he'd ended up creating mess anyway. "I got this, just... Get comfortable while I get this thing sorted," he suggested, gesturing to the chair for her to get comfortable, then back to the tent for him to sort out. It shouldn't be too much hard work, but it would probably become such if two people tried to do it.

The writer chuckled nervously again at the mention of getting inspiration out here. "Well, I wouldn't say that..." he began, pulling at bits of the tent to fold it back in on itself. "But it's certainly given me the right sort of vibe – the series is a little... Spooky at times," he explained, shrugging for a moment.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
Sara Hart
 Posted: Jan 24 2017, 00:19

Human

83 posts

Sara didn’t mind if he took her up on her offer to help him pack up his belongings because it seemed as if he had a pretty good amount that she was wondering if she’d ever be that strong to carry that amount out here the way he had. She frowned slightly as he began working at disassembling the tent, but instead of putting up a fuss, she decided the best thing to do was to sit in the chair and let him work. Sometimes she knew people were weird about strangers touching their belongings and she didn’t blame him if that was the case. She did kind of crash his party out in the woods after all.

It was intriguing hear the man speak so briefly about the work he was working on, but Sara had seen plenty of times where people attempt to talk modestly about their work when it is actually quite extraordinary. “So why can’t spooky mean awesome too? I like mysteries- something that gives you a total three-sixty on your opinion as far as who did it. But, scary stories are fun to read especially during the fall season,” Sara said with a grin as she leaned forward in her chair helping place a few items lying about in one of the bags near where she was seated. “Mystic Falls is probably a great place to write scary stuff. I hear it has history, but have yet to really figure out what exactly that history is,” Sara nodded as she tied the bag closed before sitting back in the chair once more.

Even though the man was on the quiet side of interaction, Sara thought his life sounded pretty exciting outside of the doubt in his work. Talking about books you were writing sounded more exciting than speaking about the patients you worked with at the hospital. “I always wished I was good at something creative. I even tried playing an instrument in elementary school and that was a failure,” she giggled as she shook her head slowly at the thought of all the frustrating memories of trying to keep up with the rest of the class. “Did you always know you wanted to write? I mean, was it always the job you wanted?” Sara asked as she lifted her head in the direction of his tent, “Or was it just something that kind of popped up one day?”
PM
^
Charles Shurley
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 19:40

Prophet of the Lord

Human

75 posts

Chuck scowled slightly as she spoke, a thoughtful look more than anything as he continued to deconstruct the tent, gaze lifting to squint through the tree boughs above his head to try and see the sky. It wasn't completely dark yet, it just appeared to be down at this level. "I guess... And there's actually an element of mystery in them as well, having to work out how to defeat the bad guys," he began in response, glancing over his shoulder at her before turning his attention back to the tent. "Things aren't always so easy for those Winchester boys," he mused in a low tone, a slight smirk tugging at his mouth now. He let out a sigh as he bundled up the pieces of the tent, folding them together to get them back in the bag. He nodded thoughtfully at the mention of Mystic Falls' history. "It's one of the things that brought me here – I thought it might help, but no joy as yet," he admitted as he tied up the bag and turned around to set the bag down, smiling gratefully at the sight of the bag Sara seemed to have put together herself. "Thanks," he said, setting the tent by that bag, leaving himself with not much left to do.

"Everyone is capable of something creative, it's just down to the individual to find out what that is," he mused with an encouraging smile. "Even the most practical, logical thinking people have creative talents, they just need to know where to find them," he went on, shrugging as he picked up the last of his things, stashing them in the bag Sara had put together, tying it and the tent together, ready for carrying and picking up the case for the chair. "Would you mind?" he asked, offering out the bag to her. The chair just needed to be folded up and put away, then he could attach it to the rest of his kit, and he'd be all good for the walk back. He was starting to think he had a long shower in his future at this point, the musty air and dirt beneath his feet now making him feel particularly unclean.

Chuck brushed a hand back through his hair as her questioning went further into his writing in general. "I always had a knack for writing, but I can't say it's what I always wanted to do," he answered honestly, shrugging before he continued. "I mean, I was a bit of a weakling child, but that didn't stop me dreaming big – I wanted to be a firefighter, like most little boys," he went on, smirking for a moment. It was silly to think that given his current standing that he had such a humble, and normal beginning. "But then, the older I got, the better I got at writing, and I didn't feel like I had many other talents, and my dads were always supporting of it, one more than the other, of course – there's always one parent that would rather you do something more practical and better paying," he continued, laughing softly, his head shaking slightly. Writing didn't exactly have a steady pay... Unless you counted the freelance work he did, but even that could be few and far between, let alone his extended break from the one thing that had ever made him this much money.
PMEmailWebsiteAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine
Affiliates, Directories and Top Sites
  RPG-D      Shadowplay  RPGfix     
  OOTA  The Hobbit Roleplay    Live and Let Die    fugue state  So Devoid of Color 

OHaV  UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED  War Is Brewing   
  RP Lovers        Top RP Sites Top RP Sites    
Top RPG Sites      Forum Roleplay        RSD Top Sites